Sunday, August 25, 2013

Practice Blog Post

My name is Colby Ronald Griffin. I was born in St. Louis, MO but grew up in Jackson, MI. From the time I was very young I loved playing and watching sports, and to this day I am still a sports nut. My senior year of high school my father took a job in Alabama and so I was uprooted and headed down south. There were good and bad things about the move, but by far the best thing thing was meeting my beautiful wife Kathleen. Kathleen and I have been happily married for a little over four years now. On the school front, I am a Secondary Education / Science Major at the University of South Alabama, with the intent of being a high school science teacher.



I want to enter the education field because I have had a passion for teaching for most of my life. The source of this passion came from two places, my father and sports. My father is a Pastor and was blessed with amazing leadership / teaching abilities. Being in church every Sunday and Wednesday afforded me with the chance to see him teach. I watched and learned from him and developed my own desire to teach. The second half of that desire came from sports, namely coaching. The more and more involved in sports I became the number of opportunities increased, and coaching became one of them. As soon as I started coaching I fell in love with using sports to have a positive impact on peoples lives. That concept translated into me wanting to devote my professional life to teaching. Wrapping things up, I will say that being from Michigan I love my Detroit sports; go Tigers, Lions, Pistons, and Wings!!!
Detroit city skyline with its sporting team logos

No comments:

Post a Comment